Wells Academy focuses on mastery of core academics - reading, writing, math, science, social studies - while also offering art, music and physical education. Teachers use Kent County Core Curriculum (also called KC4), a recognized and respected educational foundation, to craft lessons and tests that are aligned with state and federal standards. Texts include Harcourt math and reading books.
The following curriculum is used at Mildred C. Wells Academy:
- KENT COUNTY CORE CURRICULUM
- HARCOURT READING, MATH, SCIENCE, SOCIAL STUDIES
- MICHIGAN CORE FRAMEWORKS CURRICULUM
- MICHIGAN MODEL FOR HEALTH EDUCATION
- EXEMPLARY PHYSICAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM
- 4 BLOCK WRITING